05 September 2009
#387;
I recently fell in love with... Chinese oldies.
OKAY BEFORE YOU START CALLING ME EVERY WORD THAT IS SYNONYMOUS WITH "OUTDATED".
They really have great lyrics, really really! meaningful and short & sweet. ho hum.
真爱过,才会懂
会寂寞,会回首
haha somehow the 真爱过 part never fails to touch me, no matter how many times I listen to 朋友 (:
I think chinese oldies are really accurate in reflecting life.
Only when you have truly loved before, can you truly feel lonely. And only when you have loved, can you get back those bittersweet memories. Whatever it is, you need to have used your heart.
I personally find that very true. Everything requires the heart. Of course yes, literally, your heart has to beat to supply whatever biomolecule thingamajigs we used to learn in the circulatory system. Yes but that's besides the point. You need to use your heart, to immerse yourself, to truly get one hell of an experience. I think that's why there's the chinese phrase 用心.
When you create music, you need to use your heart to really feel it, right down to every string or key, every vibration, intonation, interval. Without the heart, what you play becomes utterly meaningless, it just doesn't have that magic, and it cannot reach deep enough into ourselves.
Within a family, you need to use your heart to care, to share, to confide, to listen. You need the heart to be concerned whether dad would be home for dinner. You need the heart to help mum sweep the floor or do the dishes. You need the heart to sit down at night with sis and bro for a little small talk. Or maybe just to say 'goodnight'.
In a friendship, you need to use your heart for the patience, conscience, empathy, love. You need the compassion, the generosity, the sympathy, the gratitude. The heart tells you when to laugh, when to cry along, when to leave him or her alone, when to stay by their side. It also tells you whether he or she is a friend.
For me, the heart gives direction.
Why does one feel lonely? The heart can sense that no other heart's nearby? Or is it just that because we are made to be sociable animals our brain tells us we need somebody around us almost 24/7? Weird.
Before I continue typing in the language of Martians I should yank myself off blogger. (and leave you wondering why I even typed this in the first place.)
(well, I don't know myself.)